Monday, July 9, 2012

Recommend A...





"Recommend A..." is a weekly meme, posted every Monday, hosted over on Chick Loves Lit. It's a quick, fun and unique way to recommend a book that you love!



Recommend A...Book Published in 2010!!

My Choice this week is Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion



“R is a zombie. He has no name, no memories, and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow dead.” There will be no blood sucking vampires or mysterious werewolves, instead there is a main character who eats brains! Brains, because, you know, HE IS A ZOMBIE! As you get further into the story you find that R is a different kind of zombie (are you a good witch, or a bad witch?) and he becomes one of the most lovable characters I have ever met. Isaac Marion is a brilliant author and he is pretty hilarious, you can find him on Twitter, or on his blog, Burning Building.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. You don't usually have a zombie as a main character. Now I'll have to check it out because I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite zombie books are Carrie Ryan's Forest of Hands and Teeth series. I do like a good zombie book, I'll have to pick this one up. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-14V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Elisquared. I didn't even know any books existed with zombie protagonists. I feel like that kind of goes against the whole idea of a zombie lol. I have yet to read a zombie book but this definitely piques my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven´t read it, the story sounds interesting. I don't usually read zombie books.
    thanks for the recommendation.
    Here is My Recommend A..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing this at BEA in 2010 (geesh) but I was scared of it because I'm a wuss :) I'm going to recommend it to my husband the next time he needs a book and see if he's interested!

    Thanks for participating this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to pick this one up! It sounds really good, and people keep talking about it. Yay for zombies!

    ReplyDelete