Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday!


Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens

 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish which I adore and therefore chose to adopt into my weekly blog posts!

This is seriously like Sophie’s Choice for me and I keep changing the list over and over because how could I only save just 10?? Also I would totally grab my Nook as well, which holds way more than 10 books. Cheating, I know!! I tried to put books on my list that had some sort of sentimental value because if I really HAD to choose I would probably grab my antique books and get outta there! However that would make for a boring top ten so…

The Norton Shakespeare – Not only is this a complete collection of Shakespeare’s works it is also filled with TONS of my notes from my multiple college courses and I would cry if I ever lost them.

The Black Swan By Mercedes Lackey – One of my first YA books I read as a youngin’ and my copy is so worn out it is literally falling apart.

Harry Potter – This book got me through a lot of hard times as a child, I’ve read it so many times I lost count.

Oz Story Magazine – I obtained this through a Wizard of Oz fan club I belonged to as a child, and it’s signed by John R. Neill!

The Wizard of Oz - My favorite as you all know!

The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe

The Hobbit - A first edition copy that was my great grandfathers.

A Child’s Book of Stories – An anthology I received as a child that contains my favorite story, Snow White and Rose Red.

Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier – My favorite book by my favorite author.

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

What's on your Top 10 this week?

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have some great books that can't be left behind. I'm so ashamed of myself that I forgot to add my LoTR books, I'm jealous of the 1st edition Hobbit, that must be awesome!
    The worst ones I forgot are my white HB and paperback editions of Wizard of Oz, they are on my book shelf in my room not with my computer room bookshelves. Those would have to be grabbed!

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying not to cheat too much but if this were to ever truly happen I would love to think I would have time to grab my entire white HB Wizard of Oz and the rest of my collection! I say I am a collector of books but REALLY I collect anything Wizard of Oz. I don't know what I'd do if I lost them after spending 25 years collecting them!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh...a first edition Hobbit? That is awesome!! I have MULTIPLE Mercedes Lackey books that are fulling apart. I discovered her when I was 12, and have loved her ever since. Though I SITLL haven't read Black Swan. I will though. I get on Lackey kicks where I'll read 3 or so books in a row, then I take a break for about a year.

    ReplyDelete